Gran Meliá Huravée
LANDSCAPE DESIGN FOR HOTEL RESORT IN MALDIVES
The landscape design for the territory of the future Gran Meliá Huravée in Maldives envisions the creation of a unique experience based on the creation of the environmental conditions to enhance and multiply the experience of the visitors in the resort , expanding the possibility of use of the indoor activities.
The masterplan provides a wide variety of different atmospheres related to the different areas of the resort while keeping a consistent and unified vision for the entire territory. The different subareas can be identified:
- The Welcome Terraces, are a collection of wooden platforms located by the entrance pavilion .
- The Central alley , is an elevated walkway floating over a bed of native ground covers and shrubs and bushes.
- The Spa Garden, is an enclosed asian garden for meditation and relaxation with the sound of dripping water from a rock .
- The Pool is a natural shaped swimming pool which is flooded by the sea water. And existing reef is included in the design of the pool providing a natural edge to it.
- The jetties, included landscaping of the entrances to the villas proving a customised access to each of them.
to avoid repetitive situations along thm
PROJECT: Landscape design for the Gran Meliá Huravee Resort
STATUS: Concept Design & Schematic design
LOCATION: Huravée island, Maldives
SIZE: 13.000 m2
CLIENT: Huravee development - Meliá
AUTHORS: Juan Tur
COLLABORATORS: Irene Almazán, Elena Noguera
ARCHITECTURE : Dot_Arch